"We could start a Spy Club," suggested Beatrice. "You know — search for clues and try to find mysteries to solve!"
In Spy Club, players work together as young detectives to solve neighborhood mysteries. It includes a replayable campaign format, with variable unlocking content, for playing a series of 5 games connected together to tell a larger story. Throughout the campaign, you'll unlock new modules with additional rules and story elements. With 40+ new modules and 150+ cards in the campaign deck, you can reset everything and play multiple campaigns — with a different story and gameplay experience emerging each time.
In the standard game, each player has double-sided clue cards in front of them. On your turn, you use actions to flip, draw, and trade clue cards, gain ideas, and confirm clue cards as evidence. Confirm 5 clues of the same type to solve part of the case. As you discover more and more of the solution, a story starts to emerge: your Neighbor stole something from the ice cream shop, but what? And why? To crack the case, you must find the solution to all 5 parts before the suspect escapes or you run out of clues.
You can always play a single, standalone game of Spy Club, but the campaign mode is the recommended way to play:
- Each game plays in 30-45 minutes, and each campaign consists of 5 games.
- Some elements from each game carry forward and affect future games, with new rules and story elements are unlocked each play.
- The sequence of content isn’t scripted, so each campaign will unfold differently.
- Everything can be fully reset and replayed.
- You only unlock a small portion of the total content in one campaign (just 5 of the 40+ modules), so you can play multiple campaigns and continue unlocking new content each time!