Gloomhaven is Limited to 1 Per Customer.
Gloomhaven is a game of Euro-inspired tactical combat in a persistent world of shifting motives. Players will take on the role of a wandering adventurer with their own special set of skills and their own reasons for travelling to this dark corner of the world. Players must work together out of necessity to clear out menacing dungeons and forgotten ruins. In the process they will enhance their abilities with experience and loot, discover new locations to explore and plunder, and expand an ever-branching story fueled by the decisions they make.
Gloomhaven Changes as You Play
This is a legacy game with a persistent and changing world that is ideally played over many game sessions. After a scenario, players will make decisions on what to do, which will determine how the story continues, kind of like a “Choose Your Own Adventure” book.
Playing through a scenario is a cooperative affair where players will fight against automated monsters using an innovative card system to determine the order of play and what a player does on their turn. Essentially, every turn a player will play two cards out of their hand. Each card has a number at the top, and the number on the first card played will determine their initiative order. Each card also has a top and bottom power, and when it is a player’s turn in the initiative order, they determine whether to use the top power of one card and the bottom power of the other, or vice-versa. Players must be careful, though, because over time they will permanently lose cards from their hands. If they take too long to clear a dungeon, they may end up exhausted and be forced to retreat.
- 2018 SXSW Tabletop Game of the Year Winner
- 2018 Origins Awards Game of the Year Winner
- 2018 Origins Awards Best Board Game Winner
- 2017 Golden Geek Most Innovative Board Game Winner
- 2017 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Winner
- 2017 Golden Geek Best Thematic Board Game Winner
- 2017 Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Winner
- 2017 Golden Geek Best Solo Board Game Winner
- 2017 Golden Geek Best Cooperative Game Winner